lördag 19 november 2011

The pawnshop princess has company

Starting out in Second Life in 2006 my first avatar Coco looked like a nightmare before a forum-friend took pity on me and steered me in the right direction. I stumbled frequently on the way, and still do occasionally, but I enjoyed that too. Back then I didn't read blogs so I don't know if there were any around but hopefully todays beginners take a moment to look around and see what's available before plunging into the inferno of shops around the grid.

Blogger Gogo of Juicybomb proposed a newbie-challenge where the budget for creating a completely new look/new avatar was 550L and for many of us who frequent the weekly or bi-weekly sales that seems like a lot but if you just hop into a random shop you've no doubt discovered that it's not. For myself I set the limit to not use items from these discount events and only use freebies, group-gifts and store-sales when creating Cooper's friend. Or Cooper's dark side maybe. I also tried to think of it as a starter package rather than a cheap outfit.


I splurged on a no makeup skin from Dutch Touch since the sale they are having made it very affordable at 350L, still eating most of my budget but ensuring that there is a good base to build on. Once I had it all put together I had some fun working my computer around two viewers so get myself a memorable picture of my two current alter-egos. Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure everything Cooper is wearing was bought on sales as well so it's not exactly a budget vs luxuary shot!


We are wearing...

Miss Clarity
Shoes: R2 - Kapua in Orange
Stockings: DUTCH TOUCH - Stockings Socks/Legwarmer No3
Cardigan: BeetleBones - Light Cardigan in Periwinkle
Dress: -tres blah- C88 Vintage Slip in Soft Plum
Necklace: ::je::suis::tente: in aqua
Hair: Cri-Cri - Bon 7-A
Eyelashes: -16- Elemental *REDGRAVE*
Nails: [ Love Soul ] *Lovely* in hard pink
Skin: Esuga - Victoria in pale exgirlfriend
Eyes: (amperlope) - violet slur

Miss Ennui
Top : * LOULOU&CO *- JELLY POP in Green/Pink (Freebie @ Seraphim)
Jeans: JustB - frayed unisex jeans DARK WASH ( 32L @ JustB's closing sale )
Shoes: JustB - platform stilettos in black ( 37L @JustB's closing sale )
Tattoo: [bubble] - Bird love [Faded] (Group gift with no join fee)
Eyelash Alpha: *FTL* Alpha Mask - Eyelashes (Freebie @ SLM)
Makeup: Cheap Makeup - Eyeshadow in Smoke ( 25L )
Hair: ""D!va"" - "Naomi" in Onyx (Group gift with no join fee)
Leather Bangles: Sn@tch (Group gift with no join fee)
Eyelashes: Dutch Touch (came with the skin)
Nails: OW: Kawaii Nails (Freebie @ Seraphim)
[VIRTUAL/INSANITY] THE EAR PLUGS COLLECTION / SERAPH (Freebie @ Seraphim)
Piercing 1: ~MC~Flash Amethyst Collar Piercing (Freebie @ Seraphim)
Piercing 2: [Mad Echo] - Abbey Piercing ( 1L on SLM )
Skin: Dutch Touch - MenSje in ROSE - Basic No Brows FR ( 350L )
Eyes: [ROLY-POLY] - natural eyes in black (Freebie on SLM)

Look totaling: 445 L

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar